The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Charges for Fines
The Library charges fines for the late return of books:
- 50 cent (50c) per day for books from the main Library
- Two euro (€2) per day for three day loan books
- Two euro per (€2) day for DVDs, videos and audiotapes
- Four euro (€4) per day or part thereof for one day loan books
You will not be able to borrow if you have fines totalling five euro (€5) or more on your account.
Paying your Fines
Fines are paid through your Print Credit Account.
To pay your library fines:
- Login to your print credit account at http://printcredit.nuigalway.ie
- Select the ‘Library Fines’ link on the left hand side menu
- Select the fines to pay
- Click 'Pay Now'
- The amount will be deducted from your print credit and the fines marked as paid on your library account.
Online access to results: If online access to your results was blocked due to an unpaid fine which you have now paid, it will be up to 48 hours before you can access your results after payment of the fine. This 48 hours excludes weekends.
Full instructions are available on this document - online payment of fines.
Final Year Students
Before the end of their degree or course final year students must:
- Check their library accounts
- Return all books and other materials
- Pay any outstanding fines.
Failure to comply with this policy will result in online access to your exam results being blocked.