- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Digital Research & Innovation
Digital Research & Innovation
The Library enables digital research by supporting researchers in using digital evidence, new modern methods of inquiry, research, publication, and preservation. We focus on supporting research using data, enabling infrastructures, and technology.
Digital scholarship is a term for modern scholarship that uses digital approaches and technology. Digital scholarship defines a set of services that facilitate digital research and teaching in universities and other research institutions. These services are often within the digital arena. They can encompass research support, open access, digital repositories, digital exhibitions, project management, digital publishing, metadata, impact, discovery, digital preservation, identifiers, copyright, data management, and research metrics.
The library has a digital scholarship enablement strategy, updated in 2019. The digital scholarship enablement strategy aims to provide a sustainable and usable technology and operational infrastructure for teaching and research activities.
Digital scholarship aims to develop services in three areas: open access to research output, digital archives and collections, and research data. We work on several digital projects with researchers.
How We Help
- Assignment of identifiers to promote discovery
- Hosting of digital collections in library repositories
- Open access dissemination of research outputs
- Management of research data
- Participation in text mining and data analysis
- Provision of spaces, tools, equipment and training for digital scholarship
Partners and Collaborators
- Dr. Aidan Kane, Lecturer in Economics and Research Member of the Whitaker Institute for Innovation and Societal Change.
- David Kelly, Research Technologist for the Moore Institute and the Whitaker Institute at University of Galway
- Dr. Andrew Flaus, Centre for Chromosome Biology at University of Galway
- CELT, The Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, at University of Galway
- The Insight Centre for Data Analytics at University of Galway