The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 degree Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
- We Can Help
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
A single search interface to all collections and content, both physical and digital. It's quick, user-friendly, and a personalised discovery experience.
Borrow a Library Laptop
|How to borrow a library laptop||Ríomhaire glúine a fháil ar iasach|
The Library has 24 laptops available for students to borrow from the Laptop locker in the foyer of the main library.
There is no charge to borrow a laptop; you just need your University of Galway Student ID card. The laptop will be assigned to your Library account, just like borrowing a book!
Fines will apply for late returned, lost, stolen or damaged laptops.
Instructions for Use
- Connect to Eduroam by selecting the globe icon at the login screen. Select the relevant WIFI network, you will be prompted for your credentials, your student number and password.
- Login to laptop using student ID number @nuigalway.ie (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Remember to save your work remotely or use a USB stick as any files or folders cannot be retrieved after the laptop loan period expires
You are responsible for all equipment and accessories until returned to the Locker and device is automatically removed from your account.
Terms & Conditions
- Laptops can be loaned for four (4) hours
- The laptops cannot be taken from the Library building
- If you do not return the laptops on time (and plug them in) you will be charged an Hourly fee of €1 per hours or part thereof for late return of laptop. You may also be blocked from all borowing.
- The laptop will remain on your library account until the laptop is returned
- The following charges apply and will accrue on an individual borrower’s library account until cleared and the item is returned or replaced
- If you do not return the laptop you will be charged a replacement fee of €700
- If you damage the laptop you may be charged for the cost of repairs or replacement of the laptop (max €700)
The Laptop Loan Service
- Laptops can be borrowed for up to 4 hours using your University of Galway Student ID Card
- Laptops are available from when the Library opens and must be returned within 4 hours
- You are responsible for the laptop during the loan period. Do not loan it to anyone else or leave it unattended at any time
- Please do not swop laptops with other students