The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about online and remote access to the Library, as well as on-campus study spaces and services. If you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out how to access the Library here.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
Scan & Deliver
Before Submitting a Request
Please check the Library catalogue to ensure the books or journals are available.
Scan & Deliver Service
Request a journal article or book chapter and receive it electronically.
We now offer a free electronic document delivery service. Submit your request here and we'll scan and deliver it to you via email.
What can I request?
You can request scans of book chapters and journal articles located in the Library’s general print collections. We will do our best to fulfill requests as quickly as possible but this may not always be possible due to availability, copyright restrictions, size and condition of materials.
How many requests can I submit?
Users may submit as many requests as they like, but the Library will only be able to process one request per user per day.
Who can use the service?
Students of NUI Galway my use this service. Lecturers are advised to use the Reading List Service.
All scans completed by the Library on behalf of students will be compliant with copyright law. This means that whichever is the greater of one chapter or 10% of a book or one article from a journal issue can be provided. When requesting a scan the requester agrees that by submitting a request they are also agreeing to the conditions in the copyright declaration below:
- That the material is required for the purpose of research for a non-commercial purpose or for private study
- That they have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by the NUI Galway Library or any other library
- That they will not use the copy except for research for a non-commercial purpose or private study and will not supply a copy of it, by any means to another person
- That only a single paper copy will be retained and the electronic copy will be destroyed if the item is printed
- That if the declaration is false in a material particular the copy supplied will be an infringing copy and the requester will be liable for the infringement as if they made it themselves.