The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 degree Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
- We Can Help
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
A single search interface to all collections and content, both physical and digital. It's quick, user-friendly, and a personalised discovery experience.
How we help
- Digitisation and digital preservation, often of archives and special collections
- Metadata creation and enhancement for linked data, exchange and reuse
- Assignment of identifiers to promote discovery
- Hosting of digital collections in library repositories
- Creating digital exhibitions
- Open access dissemination of research outputs
- Management of research data
- Curation of born-digital collections
- Advice on copyright , digital rights management and the application of standards
- Participation in text mining, data analysis and geographic information systems (GIS) projects
- Provision of spaces, tools, equipment and training for digital scholarship
What is Digital Scholarship?
Digital Scholarship is an umbrella term used to define a set of functions and services offered to enable newer forms of scholarship in universities and other research enabling institutions. This is often within the digital arena and can encompass: library-focused research support, open access, digital repositories, digital exhibitions, project management, digital publishing, metadata, impact, discovery, digital preservation, identifiers, copyright, data management, and research metrics. It can also include other activities such as interface design, visualisation, text analysis, encoding, statistical analysis, database development, 3d modeling, and the creation of software for scholarship. This list and the term Digital Scholarship is fluid.
About the Library’s digital scholarship enablement strategy
The Library’s Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy will:
- enable students and staff to obtain assistance on emerging methodologies, analyse data and share results in new ways
- create partnerships campus-wide and enhance the teaching, learning, and research process in every academic discipline
- empower the next generation of scientists and scholars to be properly equipped to create new knowledge in a digital environment – and to seek new solutions for a better future
- familiarise students with the tools they need to make an impact in today’s world
- empower the Library to preserve new forms of scholarly information in perpetuity