- My Library Account
The Library provides access to books, electronic resources, archives, special collections, and more to support your learning and research.
The Library is committed to supporting your research needs with expert guidance and resources.
- Academic Skills Service for Students
- Academic Writing Centre
- Assistive Technology Area
- Borrowing Limits, Lost Books & Fines
- Digital Literacy
- Equipment & More
- Group Study Rooms
- Library & IT Service Desk
- MakerSpace for Students
- Past Exam Papers
- Photocopying & Printing
- Shannon College Library
- Study Spaces
- Using Other Libraries
The Library has all the resources and supports you need to be successful in your studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Whether you're just starting your studies or working on your final project, we're here to help.
We are here to help lecturers and academic staff deliver quality teaching and support their students' success.
- Workshops & Events
Irish Regional and Provincial Newspapers
- The Library holds the current year's printed copies of almost all Connacht newspapers. Back runs of some of these titles are available on microfilm. Please check the Library Catalogue by title
- The archives of some Irish regional newspapers are available on the Irish Newspaper Archives database, accessible via the Library Catalogue. You can also view a tutorial on how to use the Irish Newspaper Archive
- Most provincial newspapers have websites containing partial or complete copy of their current editions
- A list of newspapers published in Ireland is available from the Press Council of Ireland
Irish National Newspapers
- Copies of most Irish daily newspapers are held for one week in the Newspaper Browsing area
- The Irish Times can be accessed via the Library Catalogue
- The Irish Times Archive is available for searching on the Library Catalogue and also on microfilm at 072.915, which needs to be requested.
- The Irish Independent and the Freeman's Journal can be searched on the Irish Newspaper Archive via the Library Catalogue
- The complete run of the Irish Press Newspaper (1931-1995) is available on microfilm and on the Irish Newspaper Archive via the Library Catalogue
- Some Irish titles are also available on our online databases Nexis Newspapers & Business and UK and Eire Reference Centre, both available via the Library catalogue
- The Times (London) Digital Archive and The Guardian/Observer Archive are available via the Library Catalogue
- British Library Newspapers, Part 1: 1800-1900 are available via the Library Catalogue
- International newspapers can be accessed at Nexis Newspapers & Business via the Library Catalogue
- The New York Times Historical Newspaper Collection (1851-2014) is available via Proquest
- Links to other international newspapers are also available at Online Newspapers
Newspapers in Microform
- The Library has a significant newspaper collection in microform, some located in the microform area on the ground floor, and some which are held in store and need to be requested.
- Among the collections are Irish political and radical newspapers in the twentieth century and Irish politics and society through the press
- Details of titles within these collections can be viewed by searching under the collection name on the Library Catalogue
Other Newspaper Collections
- The National Library of Ireland Catalogue provides details of newspaper titles published in Ireland. It includes information on where copies are held.
- The British Library Newspaper Library has the largest collection of Irish newspapers worldwide