The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Latest NewsSupporting Diversity in Academic Writing: An AWC Workshop with Staff of the Writing Centre in the University of Hawaii ()
1918 Election Centenary: women voting in the West ()
CFP: Writing and Well-being. 5 April 2019. The Academic Writing Centre, James Hardiman Library, NUI Galway. ()
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are available during Library opening hours (on the hour) to registered students who wish to work together on projects and assignments. The rooms are equipped as follows:
- Internet PC
- LCD Screen
Locations - James Hardiman Library
- Three rooms available on Floor 2 of the James Hardiman Library
- Two rooms available on Floor 2 of the Nursing and Midwifery Library
Note: Rooms accommodate a maximum of six people and there must be a minimum of two people.
Rooms must be booked online by following these steps:
- Go to https://nuigalway.libcal.com/
- Select the Room you wish to book
- Select the date and time you require (if a room is free the time slot will be green, if the room is booked for that time the time slot will be red)
- Press Submit Request
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Enter your Name, your NUIG Email Address and the reason for booking
- When ready click on Submit my Booking
- You will receive a confirmation email to your NUIG email address
- Please cancel the booking in advance if you do not require the room
- All rooms are unlocked and white board markers/erasers are in the room
First-Come First-Served Group Study Area
The Group Study Area on floor 1 of the James Hardiman Library provides a space for multiple group study. WiFi is available throughout and the fixed tables have power sockets. Whiteboards and an LCD Screen with laptop hook-up are also supplied. Group Study spaces in this area are available on a first come, first served basis and may be occupied for as long as required.