The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Self Service Charging Lockers Policy
QA820 Self Service Charging Lockers Policy
- Thirty-six self-service charging lockers are available in the James Hardiman Library foyer. The lockers provide both USB and power connections for the charging of phones, tablets and laptops, and are secured with a user-selected four-digit combination. Users must provide their own charging cables.
- Instructions for locking and unlocking the lockers are posted at the top of each locker tower.
- Users are responsible for ensuring they lock their locker securely, select a strong secure 4-digit code, remember the number of the locker they use, and the combination they set.
- The National University of Ireland, Galway and James Hardiman Library assume no liability for lost, damaged or stolen items caused by using the charging lockers.
- Lockers are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and may only be used to store electronic devices while they are charging.
- All lockers must be emptied by library closing time, and any locker remaining locked thereafter will be opened by library personnel and anything other than electronic devices stored in the lockers will be disposed of, or if deemed of value, treated as Lost & Found items.
- If a user forgets their code they will need, in order to reclaim the contents of a locker, to provide proof of NUIG membership, along with demonstrated knowledge of ownership of the electronic device, to the Library Steward on duty at the Entrance Desk.