The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
E-Resources Usage Policy
E-Resources Usage Policy
Click here to sign into your Campus Account.
Increasingly the scholarly information resources that the Library makes available to you are provided online as e-resources, e.g. 300,000 e-books and 70,000 e-journals. These resources are acquired for you under license and it is essential that all NUI Galway staff and students comply with the terms of those licenses regarding of how those resources can be used.
As a current member of the NUI Galway faculty, staff or student body it is generally acceptable to:
- Use the Library’s subscribed e-resources for scholarly, educational or scientific research, teaching, private study and clinical purposes
- Make a limited number of electronic copies of material for personal non-commercial use
- Share single copies of articles with other individual current NUI Galway faculty staff and students
- Link to specific content hosted on the publisher’s/vendor’s site
It is not acceptable to:
- Download large amounts of material in a systematic manner (e.g. entire books or journal issues, or large-scale downloading from e-resources to create a body of data somewhere else)
- To use robots, spiders or intelligent agents to access, search and/or systematically download from these resources
- Use content from e-resources for commercial purposes, re-publish, redistribute or alter content
- Remove, alter or obscure the copyright notice
- In any way make content from e-resources available to non-NUI Galway current users, for example:
- by posting fulltext content online on any website, listserv, mailing list, etc.
- by forwarding via email or storage device any fulltext material contained in an e-resource.
- by sharing your Campus Account login credentials to allow others to login with the potential of accessing the Library’s subscribed e-resources
- Use e-resource content for other purposes that violate NUI Galway guidelines
- Many licenses prohibit the downloading and posting of licensed content on another server, even if for use in secure sites like BlackBoard. In general, it is required to create a link in a course module that points back to the original publisher/vendor website
It is the responsibility of every member of the NUI Galway staff and student body to ensure their Campus Account Credentials are not used in breach of any terms and conditions listed above. Be aware that claiming lack of awareness of the above Usage Policy does not constitute an excuse for lack of adherence.