The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are available during Library Opening Hours (on the hour) to registered students who wish to work together on projects and assignments. The rooms are equipped with:
- Internet PC
- LCD Screen
Locations - James Hardiman Library
- Three rooms available on Floor 2 of the James Hardiman Library
- Two rooms available on Floor 2 of the Nursing and Midwifery Library
Note: Rooms accommodate a maximum of six people and there must be a minimum of two people.
Rooms must be booked online by following these steps:
- Go to https://nuigalway.libcal.com/
- Select the Room you wish to book
- Select the date and time you require (if a room is free the time slot will be green, if the room is booked for that time the time slot will be red)
- Press Submit Request
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Enter your Name, your NUI Galway Email Address and the reason for booking
- When ready click on Submit my Booking
- You will receive a confirmation email to your NUI Galway email address
- Please cancel the booking in advance if you do not require the room
- All rooms are unlocked and white board markers/erasers are in the room