The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
- We Can Help
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
The Library provides a variety of study spaces for staff, students and researchers of the University. These range from individual study spaces for quiet study, group study rooms where students can work together on projects, to our browsing room aimed at providing a place to take a break from serious study by reading a newspaper or a novel.
Study Break Policy
In response to feedback received from users about the 30 Minute Rule, and in an effort to reduce the instances of desk hogging, the Library is introducing a new ‘Study Break Policy’ for the monitoring and managing of study space during peak times in the Library.
- Breaks can be anywhere from 5 – 60 minutes.
- The Study Break Policy applies throughout the entire day, Monday to Friday.
- There is a new “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet which all users must use, during the weeks when the policy is in operation, to record the time they leave for a break. (One sheet can be used 40 times thereby eliminating the need to pick up a new sheet each day).
- Timesheets will be available at the entrance to the Library and at both front and rear entrances/exits on all three floors. Library staff will be patrolling all study areas to check unattended desks for the “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet. If there is no timesheet, or if the time recorded has expired, belongings may be removed.
- If you see an unattended desk with no “I’m Taking a Study Break” timesheet, or the time recorded on it has expired, please feel free to move belongings to one side and use the space. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, please ask a member of Library staff for assistance.
- This policy does not apply to the Short Stay Zones.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact:
Tel: +353 91495484