The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
If you are not finished with an item and it's due date is coming up you have the option of renewing your books before they are due.
NOTE: If you do not renew your items before their due dates you are liable for any fines applied to your account.
There are several options for renewal to choose from:
- Online via your library account (up to five renewals) - log in to your Library Account and click My Account (top-right)
- Renew the books at the self-issue machines
- Create a ticket in the Service Desk Ticketing System (Choose Library service - Loans - Item renewal)
- Present your ID card at the Library & IT Service Desk (up to five renewals)
- By telephone: 091 493399 (up to five renewals)
When renewing online, there are several steps:
- Sign in to your Library account from the Library catalogue
- Click on loans
- Click on the 'Renew All' or tick the box for the relevant item and click 'Renew Selected'
Watch a short video tutorial:How Do I?
Please note that it is not possible to renew books that have been requested by another Library user. If someone has requested a book which you have on loan your due date may change to an earlier date.