The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
The Library has produced a set of useful guides to help you in your studies or research. If you have any questions about the topics covered in the guides or need help with an area of information seeking, evaluating or management that is not covered in the guides, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Academic Skills team.
- Library Guide
- "How Do I?" Guides to Using the Library
- Guide to Finding Books and Journals
- Booking Group Study Rooms
- Guide to Literature Searching
- Guide to Managing Your References
- Guide to Dewey
- Local Studies Resource Guide
- Guide to Systematic Reviews
- Keeping Up to Date with New Research
- Guide to Using the Béaloideas Collection
- Web of Knowledge Training Slides
- SciVerse Scopus Training Slides
- Find Standards on the NSAI database
- Handouts from the Academic Writing Centre
Academic Skills / Marketing and Engagement Assistant
Tel: +353 91495250/5229
Academic Skills Assistant
Tel: +353 91493895
Academic Skills / Research and Learning Assistant
Tel: +353 91492545
Medical Library Assistant
Tel: +353 91493601