The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Support for Researchers
Support for Researchers
If you are a research postgraduate student or research staff, Rosie Dunne, Research Support Librarian, can offer you specialist expertise and advice on the Library’s information resources. Her primary role is to support your research process, ensuring you have the skills and knowledge to exploit the range of Library services and resources to the full.
Contact your Research Services Librarian:
- To schedule a personal consultation for advice on how to get started with your research and to best discover the literature pertaining to your research area
- For advice and support on using EndNote to manage your reference literature
- For advice and support on conducting systematic reviews and locating specialist information
- To arrange customized training for your research cluster or unit
- To recommend new resources for purchase
- For advice on research performance measurement, including how to maximize the exposure of your research
- To deposit your publications in the University’s open-access institutional repository - ARAN
- For assistance with benchmarking research performance analysis
Additional support is available from:
Please don't hesitate to call on us for help or advice, when you're starting out your research, while you're in the throes of chasing sources, and at the stage of writing up and considering publication. We can help!
Research Support Librarian
Tel: +353 91495959
Special Collections Librarian
Tel: +353 91492543
Tel: +353 91493636
Tel: +353 91493353
Tel: +353 91494486
Digital Publishing and Data Management Librarian
Tel: +353 91495961