The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Library & IT Service Desk
The Library and IT Service Desk provides first level advice and support to students and staff on both Library and IT services. The Service Desk is located on the ground floor of the James Hardiman Library, (building 12 on map). The service desk is open Monday-Saturday during term; please see our opening hours page for more information.
Staff at the Service Desk can assist with the following
- Campus Account queries
- Book Loans – Issuing and Renewals
- Printing / Copying / Scanning
- Support for NUI Galway Email (Student & Staff)
- WiFi Access (Eduroam / NUIGWiFi)
- Blackboard queries
- Training on how to use the Library
- University Software available for download
- Finding and using print and online information resources
- Information on Library and IT Services
How to contact us
There are multiple ways to contact us;
- Real time response via our Online chat service during service hours
- Email us at Library@nuigalway.ie and we will direct your query to the relevant section
- Raise a service ticket in our Service Desk Ticketing System
- Phone us on 091 49 3399 during service hours
- If you are on campus you can visit us in the foyer of the main Library