The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
The MakerSpace has two PCs of a higher specification than those found in most other PC Suites on campus.
Each computer is connected to 2 screens which makes them ideal for learning. You can practice your desigin skills on one screen while watching a Youtube tutorial on the other. Remember to bring your headphones.
These computers can be used by staff an students and have the following software installed -
- Autodesk Inventor® - Mechanical design and 3D CAD software More...
- Adobe creative suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc. More...
- Sketchup Pro - Easy to learn design software More...
- Anime Studio Pro - Animation software from SmithMicro More...
- Blender - Open source 2 and 3D design software More...
- Clip Studio Paint - Claims it's the standard paint tool for Manga More...
- Cura - This is the software we use to prepare STL files for 3D printing