The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
The Library’s Digital Scholarship Enablement Strategy is the result of a consultation with a range of stakeholders and is subject to ongoing review. The strategy provides a framework for staffing and skills development, technical infrastructure, standards, project selection, collaboration and funding. It guides Library publication of digital collections, promotion of open access, and development of services, spaces and partnerships to advance digital scholarship.
Engagement and partnership across many of the areas identified in the strategy document is ongoing. This includes the:
- management and execution of the world’s largest theatre archive digitisation project
- provision of a data hosting platform for the Duanaire project in the Whitaker Institute
- establishment of a standards-based digital content repository as host to a number of archives and special collection
- enablement of data mining by Insight of the Abbey Theatre archive
- publishing of a Open Access to Research Outputs
- creating exhibitions – it’s intended to feature the programme at http://www.nuigalway.ie/visitors/
- and a successful bid for funds to create a digital makerspace [LINK] in the Library.
We want to work with you and we open to any questions.