The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
How we help
- Digitisation and digital preservation, often of archives and special collections
- Metadata creation and enhancement for linked data, exchange and reuse
- Assignment of identifiers to promote discovery
- Hosting of digital collections in library repositories
- Creating digital exhibitions
- Open access dissemination of research outputs
- Management of research data
- Curation of born-digital collections
- Advice on copyright , digital rights management and the application of standards
- Participation in text mining, data analysis and geographic information systems (GIS) projects
- Provision of spaces, tools, equipment and training for digital scholarship