The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
Dictionaries, encyclopaedias, handbooks and other types of reference work are a useful place to start when beginning work on a project.
The Library has a number of collections of reference material to help you:
- Main Reference Collection - located on the Ground Floor
- Humanities Reference Collection - located on Floor 1
- Law Reference Collection - located on the Ground Floor
- Medical Reference Collection - located in the Medical Library
- Nursing Reference Collection - located in the Nursing and Midwifery Library
- Science & Engineering Reference Collection - located on Floor 2
The Reference Collections are arranged by Dewey number based on subject order.
The Library also provides access to many Online Reference Works.