The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of our collections through the Library Catalogue, or learn more about different types of information resources below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Find out about what Library services you can avail of, take our 360 degree Library tour and navigate your way around the Library. Each section includes a description of services available and allows you to become familiar with the Library before you visit us.
- We Can Help
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
- Open Scholarship
The Library supports the practice of research, education and knowledge exchange to enable open collaboration and learning.
We are proud to present our Library Strategy 2021 - 2025: Preserving the Past, Enabling the Future.
The Library will be a catalyst for your success as NUI Galway’s hub for scholarly information discovery, sharing and publication.
The five themes of our strategy are:
- Being Digital: we will maximise opportunities afforded by online collections, technology enriched spaces, and emerging technologies.
- Opening Scholarship: we will make University research outputs, educational resources and heritage collections globally and openly available.
- Inspiring Learning: we will inspire learning by transforming the Library building to promote community and engagement.
- Driving Research: we will drive research through expert staff, digital infrastructures and collections in print and online.
- Sustaining Excellence: we will ensure a supportive culture for staff and users, promoting diversity and operating sustainably.