The Library provides access to all sorts of information resources to support your learning and research. You can search all of the library's collections through the Library Catalogue, or get more information on each type of information resource and how it might be useful to your studies below.
- Using the Library
Find your way
Learn more about the Library as a physical place, find top tips and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ), find out about the study spaces and services available in the Main, Medical and Nursing & Midwifery Libraries, and if you are not a student or staff member of NUI Galway, you can find out here how to access the Library.
We're here to help
Library staff provide support, help, and training to enable you to get to grips with the literature of your subject and the Library's resources. We have staff with expertise on information resources in your subject area.
- Digital Scholarship
The Library welcomes opportunities to advance our Digital Scholarship. Our areas of contribution include content, technology, infrastructure, partnership and the practice-based expertise in our team.
On Order/Book Request
Request books On Order or In Processing
The information below applies to items that are listed as 'On Order' or 'In Processing'.
If a book is 'On Order'
- Book order is with the supplier
- We can contact the supplier and try to put a rush on the order.
- Once received we can speed the book's progress to make it available to you as quickly as possible.
If a book is 'In Processing'
- The book has arrived in the library,
- It is awaiting to be catalogued and processed by library staff.
- By submitting a request you can escalate the processing of the book and make it available to you as quickly as possible.
Please log your request under
02. Library Services - Ordering - Existing Order / Subscription